Making Dog Biscuits at home is such an easy task, Said No One. The point is you need to get all the ingredients in the right proportion and taste if you want your pet to like it.
I tried making it out and failed at it miserably in the first place. I have a rebellious nature, and so I didn’t give up on the recipe and kept on trying them till I succeeded at it. To be frank, this one is the 5th trial of mine, and it clicked out really well with my pet. That’s when I decided to share in the recipe with you lovely people!
Make Delicious & Nutritional Dog Biscuits at Home
My aim was to keep the health as well as the taste in consideration, for my dog. Just like we include grains, vegetables, and meat in our meals, my idea was to include all of them in the dog biscuits too.
Always make sure that you have enough food for your champ so that you don’t have to do late night runs to the pet store for dog food.
Two things to note down while deciding the pet food are:
- What goes into the processing, and
- The proportion of the food in one bite
The recipe we are going to read here is the basic peanut butter dog biscuit, which is not only yummy but also super easy to make with all the basic items at home. These biscuits really look and smell similar to the normal biscuits but they are not much pleasant-tasting. They don’t have eggs, butter or sugar which can make them appetizing. So don’t get me wrong with this!
Ingredients which you want for the preparation is listed below:
- 1/2 cup of unsalted, natural peanut butter,
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- 1 and a half cups of wheat flour,
- 1 and a half cups of all-purpose flour,
- and 1 cup of water.
All these quantities are to be considered for 3 Dozen Dog Biscuits. Now coming to the processing –
- First, preheat the oven to 350°F and place two baking sheets and a lay a parchment paper inside.
- Take a bowl, and add peanut butter, water, and oil into it. Add the flours and keep it mixing with the electric mixer till you make a smooth dough. You can do the mixing either with the electric mixer or hands, keep this going for 2 to 3 minutes. Knead it well, for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Place the dough on a lighted floured surface, and roll them to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Choose your favorite design for the cookies, and place the cutter on the rolled dough.
- After this, transfer them all to the parchment paper for the baking.
- Set the baking time for 12 to 18 minutes, until the bottom and the edges are slightly brown.
Take them out for the machine, and let them cool down completely. Only after then, the biscuits should be served to your pet. That’s how you prepare the dog biscuits at home, simple isn’t it?
Try the recipe, and let me know how it turned out for your four-legged buddy! Also, you can ask out your questions in the comment section below.